Carbon Validation and Verification Course – ISO14064-3
This Carbon Validation and Verification Course is a 4-day duration and it runs from 7am – 11am GMT
We’re committed to matching the prices of any competitors who may provide the same courses, and on top of that, we’ll grant you an additional 10% discount!
If you’re considering booking multiple courses or have multiple attendees, we offer a discounted pricing structure. Please get in touch with our team for further details.
Need to book using a PO? Easy!
Call+442045347550 or Email: [email protected]
Prerequisites: Completion of ISO 14064-1 course or practical experience applying ISO 14064-1 approaches to GHG Quantification.
This course details the correct ISO approved methodology to verify Greenhouse Gas emissions. Only by using the correct verification methodology can one provide the independent and correct assessment of the data associated with a GHG inventory or project. Our 3-day course will provide you with the detailed training and specific examples of how verification should be applied to a GHG inventory.
- April 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th
- May 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd
Carbon Validation and Verification Course using ISO 14064-3:
Verification is the systematic, independent and documented process for the evaluation of a greenhouse gas assertion against agreed verification criteria. Verification provides an independent assessment of the data associated with a GHG inventory or project and typically offers an opinion on the accuracy of the estimates or measurements, thus giving confidence to others interested in the results.
Who should attend this course?
- Professional Engineers interested in offering verification services
- Chartered Accountants
- Anyone involved in national and international regulated GHG programs
Why should you attend this course?
Key benefits include:
- Objectively assessing your own competencies to conduct the verification
- Establishing the verification scope, objectives, criteria and assurance
- Carrying out of verification risk assessments
- Assessing GHG information systems and controls
- Identify risk types, Inherent Risk, Control Risk, or Detection Risk
- Developing a verification plan
- Evaluating GHG assertion against the agreed-upon verification criteria
- Issuing the verification statement, including any qualifications
Benefits of verifying your Greenhouse Gas Emissions:
- Compliance – demonstrates to external stakeholders that the footprint is transparent, credible and reliable. And assures reporting is accurate, relevant and consistent over time for internal management reporting
- Increase sales – differentiates you from competitors within your supply chain and supports tendering requirements
- Cost savings – avoid penalties for inaccurate reporting
- Manage reputational risk – demonstrates data is reliable and robust enough to withstand media scrutiny
- Improve corporate reputation – transparency gives confidence and re-assurance to stakeholders
- Attract investment – demonstrates integrity of your reporting system, controls and GHG data
- Work towards carbon neutrality – a proven best practice calculation allowing you to focus on the most efficient abatement programs and helps you to avoid purchasing more offset credits than necessary or indeed buying offsets which are not credible
Become Verifier Qualified:
To achieve a Verification of your reported Greenhouse Gas emissions, training in GHG Verification using ISO 14064 Part 3 will be a powerful enabler in preparing your GHG report to an audit-ready and powerful statement of your organisation’s credibility and integrity.
When you hold an ISO 14064 Part 3 examination certificate you will be in an enhanced and technically powerful position to manage your organisation’s GHG reporting and achieve Verification.
Benefits of ISO 14064 training:
The “Greenhouse Gas Statement Validation and Verification Course – ISO 14064-3” offers employers enhanced credibility through accurate reporting, risk mitigation, and a competitive edge in sustainability. For employees, it provides a specialized skillset, and career advancement opportunities. Also, it offers the chance to contribute directly to environmental sustainability. This ISO 14064-3 training fosters personal and professional growth while positioning individuals as recognized experts in greenhouse gas verification. Other benefits include:
- Achieving ISO 14064 training and certification is the optimum way to demonstrate your competence in GHG systems. Both mandatory and voluntary schemes (EU ETS, UN CDM, UK MCP, and all other international schemes.
- Gain an important competitive edge in the expanding carbon emissions industry.
- Add to your professional development.
- Benefit from the practical work based on real life GHG case studies, taught by experienced experts
- Become the recognised expert in your own workplace for GHG quantifications, Emission reduction projects and GHG Validation and/or Verification.
- Enable employers to be recognised for their proactive approach to sustainability and emissions management.
- Be part of a global expert community.
Key Benefits for Employers:
- Enhanced Credibility: By having employees trained and certified in ISO 14064-3, you can demonstrate your commitment to accurate and reliable greenhouse gas reporting. This enhances your reputation as responsible and transparent organizations.
- Risk Mitigation: Accurate verification of greenhouse gas emissions helps minimize the risk of inaccurate reporting. Inaccurate reporting can lead to financial penalties or reputational damage. Employers can avoid potential legal and financial consequences.
- Competitive Advantage: Having a team proficient in ISO 14064-3 can set the organisation apart from competitors. This is done by showcasing their commitment to sustainability and transparent reporting. It can be a significant differentiator in supplier relationships and tendering processes.
- Operational Efficiency: ISO 14064-3 training enables employees to assess and enhance greenhouse gas information systems and controls. This leads to improved data accuracy and operational efficiency.
- Strategic Decision-Making: Accurate and verified greenhouse gas data can inform strategic decisions related to carbon reduction initiatives. As well as sustainability efforts, helping employers prioritize impactful projects.
- Attracting Investment: A robust verification process and skilled personnel can attract environmentally-conscious investors. These are investors who can value transparency and accuracy in greenhouse gas reporting.
- Stakeholder Confidence: Verified emissions data builds confidence among stakeholders. Including customers, partners, investors, and regulatory bodies, fostering positive relationships and partnerships.
- Sustainability Leadership: Employers can position themselves as leaders in sustainability by investing in employee training and certification. This contributes to the larger effort of combatting climate change.
- Alignment with Regulations: ISO 14064-3 training ensures that the organisation’s greenhouse gas reporting practices align with international standards and regulatory requirements. This reduces the risk of non-compliance.
Key Benefits for Employees:
- Enhanced Skillset: Employees gain specialised knowledge in greenhouse gas verification. They become experts in ISO 14064-3 methodology and enhancing their professional profile.
- Career Advancement: Certification in ISO 14064-3 opens up new career opportunities. These include offering verification services, auditing, and consulting in the growing field of carbon emissions management.
- Increased Marketability: Holding ISO 14064-3 certification distinguishes employees from their peers and makes them more attractive to employers seeking specialised expertise in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Contribution to Sustainability: Employees can directly contribute to environmental sustainability by ensuring accurate greenhouse gas reporting. In addition to supports organisations’ efforts to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Personal Development: Training and certification offer personal growth and development opportunities. This allows employees to expand their skillset and knowledge base.
- Recognition: Certified individuals gain recognition as experts in greenhouse gas verification. This mkes them valuable resources within their organisations and the wider industry.
- Networking Opportunities: Being part of a global community of experts in greenhouse gas quantification, reduction, and verification allows employees to connect with like-minded professionals and share insights.
- Alignment with Best Practices: ISO 14064-3 training equips employees with the latest best practices in verification. This ensures they remain up-to-date with industry standards.
- Positive Impact: Employees can take pride in their role in promoting accurate and transparent greenhouse gas reporting, contributing to the fight against climate change.
- Personal and Professional Satisfaction: Contributing to organizations’ sustainability efforts and being at the forefront of emissions verification can lead to a sense of personal and professional fulfilment.
Other ISO courses of interest are Carbon Reduction – ISO14064-2 and Carbon Measurement – ISO14064-1